Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
keen2bclean

HI Neo

Dont feel stupid for posting...its something that was bothering you, so, good for you for getting it out there and finding out others' opinions...

I agree ... I dont think I'd be mentioning it on FB either if you're going to be adding aquaintances on it (different if it's just real close friends)...you dont need the added stress/worry if someone will take it the wrong way, etc, etc, etc. You have enough going on starting a new job/environment...staying sober...etc without giving yourself something else to worry about. They dont need to know all that about you, all they will know is that you're a cool guy ..the fact that you dont drink probably wont even raise an eyebrow...it's how they have met you and will always know you...so no prob there. I know what you're saying about your music buddies ...letting them know in a round about way that you wont be going along to the after-gig binges etc...it's like you need to get it off your chest isnt it..get it out there...try not worry about all that too much...you'll get your moment when the situation arises ..and it doesnt have to be a grand speech if u dont want to go into too much detail....I just say 'I've knocked it on the head for a while as I cant hack the hangovers'...I bet alot agree and say they should do the same...blah blah and the subject will swiftly change lol.....just an extra thought, perhaps you could put somethng on your desktop to help you maintain your sobriety rather than FB...it'll be the first thing you see when you boot up then