Thread: Facebook
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Prior to starting new job I only added people who I thought relevant to add as friends anyway, all of them being musicians, so I didn't mind posting about my sobriety on my facebook page as it was a way for me to explain where I was at with not drinking, as I have played many gigs with the guys and partied etc with them before and thus I found it a good way to let them know that I will support them at gigs but I won't be joining them for the binges afterwards etcetc.

Howver things are different now and I don't think I wan't random people knowing about my sobriety as I know what these corporations are like and all is not always fair + it's personal, with music it's cool but with work colleagues I ain't so sure.

I think I am gonna delete all posts/blogs/refernces to my sobriety off my facebook page before I add anyone.

PS - I don't have to worry about posting anything bad on any work colleagues pages etc as I am now in control and can remember what I get up to, would have been a nightmare if still drinking mindyou...