View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

I'd like to address this from the viewpoint of a recovering addict, and one who used IV too.

There was no nice home and spouse to come home to when I completed a 30 day inpatient rehab.

I was fortunate in that my counselor offered me a place to stay with her and her husband until I got on my feet. Going back home (2 hours away) was not an option as I was also married to an addict, and he was still using.

I landed a job full-time as a nurse's aid the first week out, and in a month's time, my counselor/her husband found a rental they liked better. We went and talked to their landlord, and he agreed to let me continue to rent the house they were currently in.

I was the single mother of an 8 year old daughter too. It was sink or swim for me, and I wanted recovery more than I wanted active addiction.

I think far too often the addict has it too easy coming out of detox or rehab.

To thine own self be true. Please do what is best for you and those precious children. The only voice they have in this is you.

You deserve to have time to heal, and truly decide what you want in the long run.

:ghug2 :ghug2