View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JerryBear2009

I can hear the bar calling

I didn't do too badly yesterday and ended up watching the LLWS at my local bar where I had 3 beers. I came home and was tired as I overdid it on Saturday and fell asleep. I had a 4 more coors lites through the rest of the day and don't feel too bad this morning. However, I can feel the bar calling me where my bros will be ready to watch some football. I am in the process of selling my house back east and have a buyer lined up and finally my wife will be able to join me. I just don't feel like I have a lot of quality in my life right now. I just pass the days alone, not doing much of anything, and waiting for life to begin again. I am very successful but do binge on the weekends. I was thinking of trying to quit until I go on a cruise later in September, but I want to be able to manage myself like I do during the week. I don't have any rules for drinking or anything like that. I do feel rather empty but I attribute that to my less than ideal living situation. Alcohol does occupy a lot of my time when I am not working. I don't overdo it during the week but do so on the weekends. I am pretty active and should have more rewarding things going on, but I don't at present. Any advice?