View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
flutter
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Warren, how you live your life, and deal with your issues with alcohol is your own.. like I said.

I think we are at odds when it comes to this whole sobriety thing, and I always respect differences in opinions and approaches. It would be disrespectful to you if I were to be dishonest or give you a hug for 1. drinking, and 2. for not putting any tools together to support you in this 'battle' you feel you have going on.

I care about you, we differ in our thoughts and approach to this.. and that's ok. Isn't it?

You requested feedback, and I do not apologize that my feedback wasn't a virtual pat on the back. You should know me better than that by now, and I know you don't 'respond well' to tough love, and it's not even what my way is, I'm just honest.. maybe brutally honest.. maybe too blunt. I can't sugar coat over the tragedy of this stuff.

I wasn't even going to post, obviously I attempted, deleted, edited, tried again, deleted and came back and finally summarized some thoughts after thinking about it a bit further. I will never be anything but up front and honest with anyone here, or elsewhere in my life. Sometimes it doesn't come wrapped up in pretty paper and a song. This is life or death for the most part.. and that's what drives me sometimes. If you are hurt or offended by anything I said, do know that's not my intention.