View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

I was reading in the Alcoholism forum, something I rarely do and came across this post. It's by Community Greeter Chip and I hope since I'm quoting and giving him credit it's okay for me to repost this! If not Dee, let me know =) I found it fitting considering what we've been talking about.

Originally Posted by chip View Post
Hi Everyone,
Just a thought about "trying it again".

I had a friend who was an alcoholic like myself. He was only 2 years older than me (I'm 35). His doctor told him to quit drinking because his body couldn't handle it. He had many of the physical symptoms I had when I quit (bruising, withdrawals, chest pains, bloody stools etc....) He quit, and patched together some good sober time. At some point, he stopped going to AA.

Later, he decided he wanted to "try it again" (Drinking). They found him dead. He didn't even drink alot. His organs gave up on him.

This is a life and death disease. People die from it. PLEASE ask for help, here or elsewhere, if you feel like drinking again. It's sad when we see someone die....it's preventable.

If you are here because you are an alcoholic, remember that drinking = death. There is no such thing as "a couple beers". There are no more REASONS to drink, only EXCUSES. For any of us, our next drink could result in our death.
chip
I want to respond to another thing I read but need to get my head straight first, long day and super tired! lol