View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

trust me, i'm willing,
Be honest, not with me or any one else here, but are you REALLY willing?

Are you REALLY williing to do what ever it takes to get and stay sober?

I had to be REALLY willing to do what ever it took for me to stay sober after I got out of medical detox!

I was REALLY willing!

In Detox they told me if I wanted a chance at long term sobriety I needed to go to at least 90 AA meetings in 90 days and get a sponsor.

I was REALLY willing, I went to more then 90 AA meetings in 90 days and I got a sponsor as well.

I was REALLY willinig to go to any length to stay sober.... September the 18th I will have been sober for 3 years.

I drank for 40 years, I did not draw a sober breath the last 5 years of my drinking because I was both physically and mentally addicted to alcohol.

Are you REALLY willing?

If you are REALLY willing to do what ever it takes to stay sober, ask your self this:

"If I am REALLY willing....... REALLY willing, then I will do what I know has worked for tons of other people won't I?"

Am I being mean when I say what I am saying? No, I have walked in your shoes, I have made all of the excuses of why I can not do this or that! I know that until I was REALLY ready to quit drinking I was NOT ready to do what ever I needed to to stop and stay stopped!

I am saying the above because I love you! I have walked in your shoes for many more years then you have, I found a solution for my alocoholism and I am passing on to you out of love what was so freely given to me and I accepted when I was ready to REALLY quit and stay quit.

I am saying this because I love you as a fellow alcoholic, I love you as a human being.

I am saying this because I know for a fact that there is a solution that will work for you if you are willing to do the work.