View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Never too late, unless you in the coffin;-)

Don't know if you notice this, but you are advising yourself by your posts? You are beginning to see that you can't do this by yourself, so the only way is to get outside help.

For me i went the counselor route, antabuse, anti depressants for 5 months last October...ok it was not the route that gave me sobriety but it was a route that led to sobriety..now. There are lots of options out there for you, like SR...by you coming here posting and reading you are on your route to sobriety, you gonna get some bumps along the way and you will, ultimately, have to find your own way as you are like me. I was told to go to AA by a lot of people on here, i was even taken down by a friend...but i wouldn't do it. It took 12 step rehab to tell me why i should go and work the steps, what i would get from it and a living person with decent sobriety in my face everyday to make me understand...

And even then, what did i do? I came out for 2 weeks, still the same obnoxious, arrogant, know all i was before spouting all the stuff i had learned in rehab but not working on it...so back out drinking for 4 weeks until finally i had just had enough and walked, by myself, into the doors of AA and said ok i'm ready to listen and do what you say...i gave up the fight, i mean i accepted, i had admitted long before, that i was an alcoholic and all that comes with making that statement.

Wish i could just open myself up and show you what i mean and what has happened to me...just keep an open mind and keep looking and keep thinking...and stay safe with it all long enough to get sober:-)