View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

hey 30Bubba

3 or 4 days was my limit too - I'd start to feel good and I'd think - hey this is stupid, I'm not an alcoholic!....or something would happen to me (pick a reason) and I'd feel bad and want to block it out...

or someone would drop by with a few beers....or I'd just get bored...or, once or twice, I bought booze without any recollection of actually buying it.

We're alcoholics.

We can talk about that til the cows come home, and we can discuss what it is about us and out lives that we keep doing this over and over.....

but the bottom line is nothing changes if nothing changes Bubba.

You know your cycle now.

I'd be working my fingers to the bone, from now until 3 days time, getting to as many meetings and talking to as many people as I can about this problem, posting here as much as you need to, and reading here - especially back through your own old posts....vary your routine, keep busy, shout down 'the thoughts' - and focus on what you want.

Don;t drink - even when your keisters on fire.

Try every thing you can think of to get a support structure in place so that, in 3 days or 4 days time, you don't drink.

Like it or not, that's the kind of effort you need.

In these early days it's action that's required - not contemplation, not inner dialogue.

Dump the bourbon, Bubba.
D