Old 08-26-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by crazytrain View Post
Thanks,
I will try to make things as loving and normal for my boys. I've had it with wasting my energy on my AH. I will work things out for myself. I doubt I will ever see child support etc...(I'm sure glad I have a university degree now! I got used to saying it was a very expensive useless piece of paper..it may just help)
As for the MIL, she is so weird I dont want her around the kids anyways. I will give my AH good visitation with the kids (supervised and safe), I doubt he'll keep an intrest.
(He used to blow my mind how good of a dad he was, I was so proud of him. I was a bit jealous I never had such a good dad...how things change)
My family has offered to sign for an apt for me if it makes things easier for me. Lets hope so!
I'm scared out of my mind, but I will handle it.
You may be scared now, but believe me when you start living your life without having to focus on the addict you will find that cloud fear will fade and sunshine will burst forth. Living with an addict is no way to live. They are like a weed around our ankle and will only pull us down if we don't cut the ties that bind. Misery loves company.

I am excited for you and your children ... take this new lease on life and run with it. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Hugs,
Passion