View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

Welcome to SR Darren, a visit to the doc is a well advised thing to do along with being honest with the doc as well.

BTW I was 52 when I finally got and stayed sober, I quit many times before that for varying lengths of time and always went back to drinking thinking "It will be different this time, I will control my drinking!" It was never different, unless one would call my drinking getting worse different.

I finally stayed sober by working a recovery program, for me it was AA, there are others though AA is what worked for me.

I can tell you that it was as though I was reborn into a new life thanks to the program & fellowship of AA.

You have MANY good years ahead of you if you stay sober, I have a lot of good years as well if I stay sober. My marriage and my life today are beyond my widest dreams today, I am not talking about material things, but mental/spiritual things...... material things are getting better also but they are no where near as pleasing as being free from the bondage of my alcoholism.