Thread: First post ever
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bohemianzen
grateful to be here

mv i think you might find that this site is very supportive. i tried AA once before and it's just not something for me. but there are so many on here that it has helped...many would say AA saved their life. you may want to check out a meeting before passing it by or read further into the threads here about it. the meetings in chat here are usually AA based. just a thought.
otherwise, check out some of the stickies here about different groups or just search around -- people here have tried so many different things. this forum is my main support - i come here nearly everyday, sometimes all day long and either read extensively or post. i find the more i participate here, the more i get out of it, so please don't feel backwards about posting. ive found generally someone will come along who has been there to support you or has an answer from their past experience and people here have such huge hearts.
bravo on your sobriety. and your level headed thinking about getting some support other than your husband (much credit to him for being there for you) and the determination you seem to have about keeping sober. i hope you stay around SR and i look forward to your posts -- i think you will fit in just fine here
a great thread i participate in here is living in sobriety. lots of positivity and great strong people there--it's a real active thread. please feel free to stop on by over there
oh and welcome!! bo