Notices

First post ever

Old 08-25-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post ever

It was Easter morning this year and I was hung over again. I was not enjoying my boys looking for there Easter stuff. I was so mad at myself because I knew this was the last year they would believe in the Easter bunny. I felt like I had lost so much of my short time with them as little boys. I looked at my husband and said no more I was going to do it this time and I have been sober ever since. I did it all by myself no help from anyone or group. In fact this is the first time I have ever talked about it with anyone other than my husband. It has been 5 months and I am hanging strong but feel like I need to talk with people who have been through the same thing. My husband is great but has no idea of what I am going through. I was thinking about going to a AA meeting but when I read about it I discovered that it was not for me. Does anyone know of a group out there maybe for mothers that I can go too?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

mv i think you might find that this site is very supportive. i tried AA once before and it's just not something for me. but there are so many on here that it has helped...many would say AA saved their life. you may want to check out a meeting before passing it by or read further into the threads here about it. the meetings in chat here are usually AA based. just a thought.
otherwise, check out some of the stickies here about different groups or just search around -- people here have tried so many different things. this forum is my main support - i come here nearly everyday, sometimes all day long and either read extensively or post. i find the more i participate here, the more i get out of it, so please don't feel backwards about posting. ive found generally someone will come along who has been there to support you or has an answer from their past experience and people here have such huge hearts.
bravo on your sobriety. and your level headed thinking about getting some support other than your husband (much credit to him for being there for you) and the determination you seem to have about keeping sober. i hope you stay around SR and i look forward to your posts -- i think you will fit in just fine here
a great thread i participate in here is living in sobriety. lots of positivity and great strong people there--it's a real active thread. please feel free to stop on by over there
oh and welcome!! bo
Old 08-28-2009, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Can't drink anymore. It took an internal bleed from esophogeal varices, but I'm done. I'm on librium and scared to death to drink again.

I really don't want to die within the next four years from this. They say with proper meds and not drinking I can live longer than that.

Anyone had this happen who quit, who's been alive a long time since the first episode? You have subsequent episodes after quitting? I could use some encouragement, because I really am scared to death. Scared enough not to drink is scared to death for me.