View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by Cowgirl1265 View Post
I am so entwined...and I need their help when it comes to the kids - but the price is just so high sometimes.
I know exactly what you mean. There is always an emotional price tag that has come with 'help' from my folks.

If I had it my way, the 21 year old daughter would be out the door. As it is, I'm still not fully self-supporting as my job is only part-time, and I am in my final year of college.

The two times I have told the 21 year old to hit the door, she has gotten on the phone and cried to my dad. Then I get it with both barrels as he's still helping with rent/utilities. It sucks.

When she totalled her first car, guess whose car she got to use? Mine. It's in my name, but my dad paid for it, so there's another price tag. Let's not even mention the fact I was having to find rides to my AA meetings and schedule my errands around when she didn't need the car. She burned the clutch out in my car, so that was over $700 out of my dad's pocket. I'll be honest and tell you I did smile over that one.

I just keep focusing on my goals, which include becoming totally self-sufficient financially through this college degree. My boss has already asked me if I'd be interested in a full-time position when one opens up. That means no job search out of town, or commuting long-distance every day.