Thread: What am I?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 01:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
flipfloplover

Mycoolfitz-

I appreciate the info! You gave me a better prospective than any of my professors have!

Here's my thing- I think "How can I tell clients to live sober when I do not think sobriety is a great thing?" This mentality comes from my immaturity, the fact that I am not fully recovered, and from the fact that a lot of people I know are still drinking and doing drugs. I DO KNOW that drugs and alcohol are bad, and that one is so much better of in recovery and achieving sobriety. My whole issue is telling this to my cravings and my addict train of thought.

I also looked into the teaching route. With all of my addictions knowledge, maybe I could teach fundamental substance abuse courses. I also have a degree in Human Services, so I'm not locked into just counseling. I could probably get a job as a college substance abuse coordinator as well.

Right now I'm on track to be a licensed professional counselor and to start a Phd program in COunselor Education. But I'm seriously considering haulting all of this until I get my act together and fully see the light.