View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
KC1

Gofish - glad to see I have a fellow Cowboys fan. My husband roots for the Eagles so it is always a fun time around our house when the Cowboys and the Eagles get together! Congrats on your Day 8!!!!!

Tommyk - thanks again so much for your suggestion to focus on the WHYS and not the LIES. Changing my way of thinking is the ONLY thing getting me through this. When I thought for a minute about a nice cold one at the 19th hole, I thought about how I would have to come back to these boards and say that I had to start all over again at ground zero and I just did not want to do that. Couldn't let everybody (as well as myself) down. So that helped as well.

I am heading out of town on Wednesday through Saturday, part business and part pleasure. Will be with lots of drinking pals for the pleasure part. I have already e-mailed my girlfriend that I will join the usual festivities but that I am NOT drinking alcohol. I will have Virgin Mary's (this one restaurant makes a KILLER Bloody Mary) and I will drink St. Paulie Girl N.A. She wrote back that she doesn't care if I drink or not and she hoped that I do not feel as though she will try to "make me". I wrote back that no one can make me, I am the one who puts the drink to my lips and me alone. Since I have been taking anti-depressants for 6 months, I might as well give the darned things a chance to work. So that hurdle is over...no explaining to do when I show up for Happy Hour and stick with my non-alcoholic drinks. I KNOW I can do it.

One thing very noticeable tonight - I got VERY VERY IRRITABLE when we sat down to our dinner. Usually we have a nice red wine with our pasta. There is no wine in the house, of course, and as I was sipping my Pellegrino/Lime, I suddenly got very irritable. I know why of course. Hubby was great - he drank iced tea. But then he got bread crumbs on the glass kitchen table and I went ballistic. I felt bad - who can eat crunchy Italian bread and not get crumbs on the table? Then he splashed spaghetti sauce on the stove and I went nuts again. (Must have been the crazy cleaning I did in the kitchen on Day One!).

Oh well....the "bitchiness" didn't last too long and now we are enjoying a movie, well, he is enjoying it, I am here "with" all of you. Till tomorrow,

KC