View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
brundle

51 And What's The Point?

Yesterday my AH turned 51. I went got cards for me and the kids (who are my grown children his step-children) to give him. I got a cake.

His family lives far away but my family is always really good to him. Last night he didn't want me to call my family to come for cake. He didn't want to wait for my daughter to come home from her date to celebrate. Nothing. Just me and him and my son who happend to be home. My parents and sister all called all excited to wish him a 'happy birthday'. He didn't even get on the phone. (I'm kind of mad; but with him; he's always a jerk). He kind of did the same thing on my birthday and after that I decieded he was never planning another birthday for me again...He can do the jerk thing on his day only!

Anyway, it's just sad and pitiful. He ended up being such an pain in the b*** that I quit talking to him. What kind of way is this to spend a birthday or your life. I know he's in the later stages of his progression and hopefully the economy swings up enough to sell the house so I can leave...

But at 10 years younger then him I can't understand wanting to waste your life the way he does. Mostly he just sits in the basement, talking to no one (unless your a drinking buddy or his pot smoking sister), drinking (not until after 11pm... he can controll the 12+ beer he drinks each night) and watching Tv. I've been watching this for 8 years and I just don't see this as living. Other then that he still holds down a job, he's useless to everyone he's in relationship with. It's like he's already dead. To me it's all so pointless!

Sorry. I just needed to vent... Thanks...