View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
phillygirl2009

thanks for saying that. I feel like I HAVE to have control right now to keep on this path. Before quitting yesterday I had been doing alot of research regarding the law of attraction and actually it is helping me through this. "you are what you think about". And I've always been a person who thinks too much and is basically self aware. But at any rate, some of the lessons with the law of attraction revolve around retraining the brain to attract what you want into life whether its money, health, spirituality, etc.

I also stumbled upon this great website mindmovies.com and bought the creation kit last week and its already helped to keep me even more positive. Yesterday I added some components to my mind movie that visually reinforce not buying or consuming beer. Part of the mind movie package came with this subliminal package that has my mind movie running in the background of my pc all day imprinting in my mind positive affirmations and most importantly not drinking.

I will say that my husband called my mom and my brothers yesterday to tell them what was going on and I just spoke with my mom and one of my brothers. After speaking to my mom I got all emotional again. My mom, is really a great and thoughtful person but sometimes has a way of saying things that for lack of better words could be construde as a back handed compliment. And she made me feel like I took 2 steps back.

After talking with her I talked to my husband and he made me feel better and I was then able to sit back and get back to MY thoughts and MY feelings and how I am handing things and how I felt before I spoke to her and let these outside voices control me.

As for heavy drinker, I would drink anywhere from 12 - 18 miller lites a day (depending on if it was a work day or not). Since today is Wednesday and I'm off work I would be closer to the 18 range.

Sorry to ramble on but I wanted to share where my energy is coming from a little bit and what I had just experienced with my mom on the phone. Here's to taking it one moment at a time! (with diet coke in hand!!!)

Have A Magical Day!