Old 08-17-2009, 11:21 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by sfgirl View Post
Seriously, this is the sort of statement that really irks me.
Please don't be irked at me though:-) I've met a couple of guys that have come from what seemed as an alcoholic pattern of drinking to abstaining from alcohol, one of them met the love of his life and that was enough to stop daily drinking...this was 8 years ago and as far as i know he is still a changed man. This does bring up the alcoholic or heard drinker question but that's already another thread somewhere i am sure!

I'm quite suprised no-one bought up a certain person on SR as an example, the one with the picture of her beautiful cats as her avatar!

Dee i do agree that if you focus on the alcoholism then you are going to miss out on life, if you focus on your sobriety then you won't...kind of like live in the solution, not in the problem...another AA gem there just for you hehe

Personally i don't care what anyone does as long as they work and achieve the sober life they deserve, my experience is that nothing else worked for me but AA does...my view is that i don't want another person to waste the time i did trying everything else, but then again we could argue is that person ready until they are really ready...again probably another thread somewhere on SR:-)