Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Ok ok

I just think you are making a great deal out of nothing. But I know some of you are real sponsors so I get where you come from. So sorry for my choice of words... it was not correct. I understand sponsors only work in AA and he is not in AA.

One thing is to be codie and to forget oneself in a relationship. I understand that. Done that

I see nothing wrong in my interactions with this person. I told him about SR and the forum for ppl with his concerns. He may have already joined, I don't know. He is attending a psychiatrist and journaling.

If he changes or not has NO IMPACT in my life at all. And yes, I feel good because this man confided his issues to me and gave me his trust. This trust is NOT "hey you fix my stuff and clean up my messes" he needed someone to listen and I am here to listen

Hopefully one day he will talk to people that can listen and actually help. That is not up to me.

That does not mean I am no longer living my own life and obsessed about "fixing" him

That does not mean he is not taking actions by himself

Its just like us here telling each other where we are at and giving some stuff that has worked for us. I suggested he journaled. He started. So what? I know I can't save him and I am not in the quest for it either. And I do not state I own a solution.

For the ones suggesting something romantic .. may I remind you I am already with someone? sheesh

kj I have been totally honest here since I joined and I see no use on lying to strangers on the Internet.

I do not think I am "engaging" at all either. I have not been with my therapist in a while, I'm feeling good for now. I would not even consider this a topic for her. I won't be following anything about drinks though.....I am no 'authority' for that ... I will just encourage him to seek more help.....

Moderators please close this thread. No offense taken but this is seemingly going all the wrong ways.... everyone making lots of assumptions... probably it was my fault for typing carelessly.