View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suzieq1972

Ugh...EXAH is out of jail

Apparently my EXAH has pled guilty to the charge of impersonating a police officer and they have decided to give him time served, so he is out of jail. He had been in since last October on an unrelated charge.

I have a restraining order against him that is still in place (after he threatened to kill me and burn our house down), so he can't have any contact with me. Or even come on the property. But, it's not me I'm worried about. Our son (who will be 17 in November) had gotten pretty comfortable without his dad being around, now the phone calls will start again. The emotional roller coaster, for him, will begin again.

The court ordered visitation states that visitation is only once a week, for one hour and supervised by EXAH's father. However, my ex father-in-law doesn't know his son is out of jail(and apparently that's the way EXAH wants it). I am hoping that my EXAH doesn't try to coerce our son into secret meetings with him.

Life was so much simpler when he was in jail. I knew where he was and I knew he wouldn't be bothering anyone.

I don't have a problem with him contacting our son, I just know how easily our son can be manipulated. Despite everything, the man still is his father and he would do anything he asked him to do.

I do understand that he is on probation, so if he messes up just one time he will go back to jail to serve his full sentence (whatever that may be).

It is just so complicated!