View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

(((((Momsrainbow)))))

Go ahead and vent away.

I'm sorry but he is not an RAH. He seems to still be dry from what you have reported but .................................. RECOVERY is a lot more than just removing the drugs and/or alcohol from ones body. RECOVERY is working on one's self diligently to turn one's self into a decent civilized human being. Doesn't sound like your H is doing that.

So ............................ what can you do for you? Keep a log, hopefuly you have one from before he stopped and log his actions, or rather his lack of actions. This will help when you and your attorney finally connect.

Stand by your boundaries, many times not saying anything, just giving "The Look" can say much more than engaging in a conversation where you will only hear Quacking.

Keep venting here, it is a great release. I'm not sure where you stand on this, other than you are totally disgusted with his actions. If it were me, I would tell him "there's the door and don't let it hit you in the azz on your way out. You like it so much at your brothers and with your druggie friends, go live with them." But that is just me. After years of working on me in AA and then Al-Anon, I do not toleate disrespect in my own home. Took years to learn that boundry, but it is firmly in place today for me.

I do understand your hurt, disillusionment, and sorrow and just want you to know that although we cannot be there walking by your side in real time, that we (I) are with you in spirit, you are not doing this alone.

Love and hugs,