View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mcmurphy

Wanted to Say HI

Hi there,

I'm new to the site..I'm 32 years old and have had problems with alcohol for probably the last 8 or so. Friday night, Saturday and Sunday I went on a binge on beer where I'd drink until I was out of it, get up out of bed when I awoke (usually very suddenly too) and hit the fridge for some more. Or if I was out of beer, I'd throw some clothes on and head for the store. This isn't the first weekend that this has happened. A couple of weeks ago, I did it Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I felt like crap Monday and Tuesday.

I've wasted a significant amount of my summer (and it has been beautiful here in Michigan) lying around all day, nursing a hangover on my days off. I guess I want to really start living life and that alcohol will no longer be an option. I'm usually fine when I go out to bars but when I leave the bar I just want to down 4 or 5 more at home before I go to bed.

I went to an AA 12 in 12 meeting yesterday and at noon today. I need to stay on track here. I hate the fact that a couple of days after a big drinking session I tend to forget how bad it was (maybe I need to journal) and decide that my drinking was no big deal.

Any words of advice would be appreciated. I have no trouble with the law "yet", no chronic health problems "yet" and haven't gotten into family problems "yet". Those things will happen though eventually.