Thread: Big fat loser
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SomeCallMeTim
Resident grateful guy!

Originally Posted by ViciousCycle View Post
Well........here I am again.......down at the bottom of hell and trying to regroup my life. No occassional drinking for me.....I suck at it......it does not work and I am back where I was in January......I have lied at work and probably have threatened my job.....but I know what I need and that is the time.......the time to heal......to start over once again.......this was not a fun ride.....why do I think drinking is fun? It does nothing but ruin things....my mood, my life...everything........

Thanks for listening....:sorry
The obsession of this disease will kill us if we listen to it. The addict in us is a very cunning foe. I'm not telling you what to do. I am gonna tell you what worked for me after years of letting that voice in my head try to kill me. I accepted the idea of a power greater than I. I became willing to accept the idea that i was powerless over drugs/booze and pretty much everything else. I became willing to accept help from others. I became willing to accept the fact that i didn't have all the answers, and to be honest, i didn't have ANY of them. My best thinking got me to my bottom, convinced me that i wanted to die, ruined a business, pushed away everyone i cared about and all those who cared about me. My best thinking destroyed my life. I no longer rely on MY thinking, i rely on my higher power for results. I just do the footwork, what happens is up to him. I wish you the best in your recovery. :praying