Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
ItsmeAlice

People ask me why I didn't leave earlier. They ask why I didn't do this, why didn't I do that, and why did I keep helping him when he obviously needs to deal with his own mess himself.

My answer has been....Because living with an addict is kind of like driving through Texas using an Oklahoma map. You can't match things up. The map tells you one thing, the road tells you another. When you ask for help, people give you directions but still nothing makes sense when you try to follow them.

This is where faith comes in Backtome. If he had destroyed someone else's property, you would not expect them to avoid pressing charges because the man is a father. He didn't commit the crime in protection of his children or to feed or clothe them. He did this crime out of selfish reasons...for drugs...for spite...nothing so noble as his children. And what lesson are you teaching your children when someone can commit a crime and suffer no consequence because someone out there loves them. Even serial killers have mothers who love them.

I'm off point here....my point is that you're right, is it easy to give someone directions when you have the right map, areal photographs, and a lifelong knowledge of the area. The one who's driving through Texas with a map of Oklahoma has to put down what they think they know and trust that what someone who's been there and done that is telling you is the way to get out of this desolation. Have faith.

There is also no guarantee that he will get anything but a smack on the hand for the charges for whatever reason. Don't assume he'll end up incarcerated, that's not for you or us to decide. He should, however, be accountable for his actions as anyone would be.

Written because I care!

Alice