View Single Post
Old 05-24-2004, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
stressedout

As some of you know, I have a very dear friend who has helped me alot to understand myself and how to change my life for the better

Something I have learned, to Love someone is to give of yourself, we set ourselves up for disapointment, you must give unconditionally,with no expectations of a return. by expecting something back every time we give we just set ourselves up to be hurt, Im not saying we should except abuse or mistreatment or live without boundries and rules.and it becomes a terrible cycle specially when we keep giving to someone we know wont give back it becomes a fuel for our fire. we keep trying, and we keep getting hurt

Giving is something you do for someone else to help them feel better. When I "give" I know Ive touched their heart even if they never say. I feel good about that, and I hope it makes them feel good and if I get something back well thats a plus!
I would like to see some "giving" towards me but I know alot of times the giver is unable to give or doesnt know how

I do not include sex into this, I set my rules drinking or ugly behavior=no sex
sorry thats it. under those situations sex becomes an issue of control not love, that is the time you are most vulnerable and more easier to be hurt,cuz if you have sex with them, well everything "in their eyes" must be ok, to me that is a major form of abuse and I wont have it

this is just a little insight into how I feel,doesnt work for everyone but I dont get hurt as much

Hugs to all Debbie