Old 08-06-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BackToMe
the journey continues

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Yes they might, but in all likelihood they have just 'INTENSIFIED' his feelings of paranoia.

This is only going to escalate. His recovery or lack of it is his and his alone to handle. You on the other hand, must look out for yourself and your children.

Start a journal/log of all that goes on, his breaking in etc, his drug use, his demeanor, etc at this will come in very handy in Court when you ask for SUPERVISED VISITATION at a neutral place. The court may even order random drug testing on him.

As to you, have you tried counseling with an addiction therapist or Al-Anon? Either or both will go a long way in helping you to decide what you want for you and your girls, will help you set boundaries for you, will literally help you get on with your life.

Please remember the 3 C's

You didn't CAUSE this.

You can't CONTROL this.

You can't CURE this.

It will be hard, no matter what you decide to do ...................... remember we are here for you, we do care, and although we may not be there in person, we will be walking by your side. You are not alone!

Love and hugs,
I see the paranoia and, yes, it intensifies but to actually hallucinating??

Any suggestions as to the "neutral place"? His mother's won't work 'cause she gives in to efforts to control as bad as I ever did. How about a friend's house (one has offered) or would it have to be a public place?

As for me, I have the number of a psychologist that is covered by my work plan. Al-Anon: I have an older thread about that but a friend offered just yesterday to go with me on Monday.

Thank you for your concern and support and I AM ready to get on with my own life!