View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
naive

hi notbychoice-

i am relieved to hear that you went over to the other house and that is in motion.

regarding your 18 year old, well, he is an adult. i would let him live where he wants to live, with you or with his father.

that said, of course, he would be better with you than an active alcoholic, but he may need to figure that out the hard way. at the end of the day, he's all grown up and all you can really do is point him to resources to help him in his recovery.

and there's certainly no reason that his father and him can't go fishing and hunting even if your son chooses to move in with you. they both drive and could see each other, should they so choose.

of course, that opens up the driving with an alcoholic risk for your son. a reasonable person who was drunk (if there is such a thing) would let the sober person drive. your husband has already proven that he will take the risk of drunk driving even when a sober driver is available to drive. this is insanity. i hope you realize that.

i can easily see this situation escalating...it is my prayer that you move fast enough to keep everyone safe and sound.

peace and clear thought to you during this difficult time.

naive