View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Crazy4Him

He said he was already thinking about not drinking and driving anymore.
Not good enough.

Don't bother to argue with him. He is not going to hear you as long as he's drinking. I remember when I would argue with the ex all the time a friend said, "You might as well be arguing with your own reflection". If he is not working some kind of program, he will drink and drive again, of that I have almost no doubt. Maybe your kids will be in the car when he does it. Maybe they wont. Is it worth the gamble?

Is there anyone else in your life that can drive them to and from the places they need to go? Putting them in the hands of an active alcoholic, regardless of whatever empty promise he has made, is like playing russian roulette. I'm sorry, but you simply can not and should not trust him.

Just a suggestion for the future, if you want to have a talk with him about your feelings and things that are important to you in your heart, wait until he is sober. Trying to express your emotions when he's drunk is... there isn't even a word in existence to properly illustrate how pointless it is. lol

Proud of you for taking a stand for yourself and your children! You did good I must say.