View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
TakingTime

Thanks for the suggestions, Pelican, and Naive.

I have just contacted my friend (not a close friend, mind) to ask if I could have the room instead of XABF. She's a single mom so I don't know if she'll want another child and all that entails, in her house, but I figured you can only ask. I've already been receiving offers of temporary places to stay from friends all around the country, none of which I can seriously consider right now as they're too far away and would only isolate me from my support networks here (while my friends are at work all day), but definitely nice to know I have that back up. Also offers of money loans and so on, not that I need any more debt! My mom is sending me some food money as she said she couldn't bear hearing that I might not have enough for food.

I'm going to make sure all the bills are up to date, as a priority, and certainly won't be buying any coffee or the other goods he likes. I'm feeling surprisingly calm considering he is blatantly drinking up our food money in front of my eyes right now. I'm getting to the point where I can't actually STAND the smell of alcohol (and I'm someone who also had my fair share of drinking days), and just don't want to be around it anymore. My X, too, like yours Naive, always tries to put off paying the bills to the point where we receive threatening letters, so that he can have 'cash flow'. This is why I ended up being 'financial secretary' (good term, Pelican) - b/c he cannot handle the finances for obvious reasons.
Gotta go, he's back.