View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Grateful Bill
Bill Houck

I am so glad we are all here, My gratitude is boundless,,, I am grateful for the newcomers because at 8 years, I get complacent, I get to be a whiney ass, I also get very self righteous sometimes, imagine that. I STILL want what I want when I want it dammit, but,, as I read the postings, and not nearly often enough, I see what it is I ALWAYS need & take away that helps ME to make it one more day If not for all of us new and not so,,recovery would not exist. My sweetheart, my love is in a place far form home here in Montana, she's on the east coast making a living amends to a 17 year old son who got the bad years, his brother who is older, not so much. Son 1 is old enough and knows enuff about our programs, He has forgiven, son y2 at 17, the anger, resentments, all of it are alive and well in him. I pray,, someday he'll find that place to forgive and love. He loves, but,, we know, the pain gets in the way. She has had problems for many years, relapsing in response to the mom pain,, she now is working our programs like her life depends on it, and it does becasue the place she is staying, it is filled with the old monsters. We talk 3 or 4 times a day. We need to so that we are connected as though here. She has MULTIPLE sponsors, daily meetings and sometimes the kid will let her on HIS computer. Her ex, dry addict/drunk, he I fear will never get it, but thats ok, we do We are grateful for our higher powers, our programs, and also the freedom to NOT fear the dark, but to go toward it as needed with the light that shows us how and where we can go without dying! Gratitude, I am alive. The biggest thng in my life is the recovering amongst the millions, and being a part of something only we who live it can fathom,, Bless you all for being a part of MY personal recovery today, I am very blessed and I am sure grateful. Grateful Bill