View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

Originally Posted by traderjane View Post
That may be true, Smacked, but it doesn't make me want to make me open up a bottle of red. The last time I had a bottle of red, there were red throw up chunks in the toilet and a sleepless, hellish night to go along with it. When I think of red wine, that is what I think of!

I bought a house recently and the whole process was really difficult. The financing almost fell through at the last minute and I was there at the title company for about 6 hours until things worked out. People were babysitting my kids and I was getting really stressed out. The deal finally worked out late into the evening and I felt I HAD to celebrate with a bottle of wine (this was over a year ago, mind you, when I was drinking with reckless abandon). Needless to say, I finished the whole bottle that night. The next morning I felt like hell. I showed up at my new house totally hungover and had to get the group of painters started on what should have been a joyous day of my life. I was so wishing I didn't "celebrate" the way I had .. I have pictures from that morning of my kids looking all perky and happy at their new house and me looking hellish. As Dee says, "Play the tape through."
oh I totally agree.. grosses me out too.