View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
chairmanma084

Originally Posted by Tryingforhim View Post
Weird I can post this but I can't post a title with "I woke up this morning with good intentions" then the following message.

I didn't drink last night. I was up at 7am. I had scrambled eggs loaded with spinach and little bit of cheese. I got to work early. I had banana's and apples all day because I really wasn't that hungry.

I felt good coming home. It was 6pm. There's nothing on TV. What do I do. I'm bored. I'm thinking I'll go out for a burger and have a beer. I go out, have a burger, 6 beer and I pick up a pint of whiskey on the way home of which I am almost finished.

What happened?

I was so bored at 6. What do you do?
evaluate how well your life is going and decide how much impact your drinking has on that...i'm guessing A LOT.

just go to detox and make sure you don't leave early. learn some life skills, learn how to deal with your boredom and emotional responses to normal life. seek professional medical help immediately. think about LONG TERM care like a half way house where you HAVE to stay sober and are able to work and maintain a semi-normal life.

what do i do? i just stay pissed off at myself that using my DOC is such a dick move to everyone/everything i love and strive for.