View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
getr345
Karma Amputee

IMO, he is not a troll, just a confused drinker, like so many others out there.

It comes down to YOU inquisitive, you and you alone. Either you are OK with your drinking or you're not. Many people here, myself included, have struggled with the complex issue of drinking in their lives and hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and have taken steps to rectify bad situations. We want to help. If you are in a bad situation, I hope you will just hang in there (here) with an open mind and try to learn as much as you can, while you can. You have some real rough stuff in your family history as far as alcohol and this should not be taken lightly. No person needs alcohol to survive. It's a non-essential item in the game of life. People live without it all the time all over the world. And it is truly a choice as you have stated but the choice is yours to make. I and others make the choice, daily, to say no to alcohol, for various yet equally legitimate reasons.

What you really need to understand is YOU came here, to our house so to speak, and wanted to solicit opinions about you and your drinking. Of course, the answers might not have been the ones you were looking for but you got the time and attention of some good and decent people and I hope that in your heart of hearts you are considering what I and some others might have had to say about you and your drinking.

Because YOU asked.

Which is a great first step.