View Single Post
Old 05-22-2004, 08:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel4IR
KingsWeaver, We Are One

Together we will get through this!

Hello everybody,

I would like to introduce myself, I am tryinagain's wife and very proud to be too! We have had a very tough road since we met that one August day back in 1997. We met in an AOL chat room and I decided to fly out to see him, everything went fine I never really noticed that he drank that much or had a problem with it. Finally I moved to where he lived and then I started to see a lot of changes, like cases of beer being drank in a days times and him needing more. Now here it is 2004 and we are still together and stronger than we were in 1997, he has made the decision to quit drinking.

He quit a couple of times cold turkey and the first time he lasted 30 days then came home one day with a case, all I could think of is oh no here we go again. I really liked it when he was off the stuff. Now the second time he quit cold turkey he lasted a little over 2 months, but this time I was loosing him, he was so absorbed in his work that we barely ever even talked to each other, we went to bed at different times, you get the picture.

As time went on his anger and frustration just built up, then one day he just lost it and flipped out. You know the guy you cut off on the interstate and then the guy chases you down because you did it, well that was him!

He has now finally decided to seek help in quitting this stuff, the help professionsal's told him "you never want to quit cold turkey" turns out it is very dangerous and he is lucky to be alive today. All the people on this site have been a God send to us both. I just recently started to post here.

Now that everything is on the table as he puts it, he has given me his blessings on posting here, I even invite him to read my posts. I want to thank all the people that have helped him and all the people that have helped me on this site.

My problem is that I really don't know what he is going through mentally, I have never drank and I want to understand what happens when someone quits. Is there something I should be doing or not doing, I just don't know and I don't want to do the wrong thing here. I love my husband so much, it kills me to see him go through so much pain and suffering. Right now he is staying on his routine per doctors orders and they are going to give him meds to get through this next month. The doctors warned him not to do this cold turkey again.

I am here for him now and always, it was hard during the time that he was in denial. I heard so many reasons as to why he drank but just could not understand any of them, why would someone want to have a hangover everyday. He said it was so he didn't have to feel any pain, the pain being from his past.

We have talked many hours and I know almost everything that ever happened to him in his life. All I want to do is help him not control him, I know this is very long winded so I will end this with a big thank you for reading my post and giving me any help that you can!

Hugs to all of you