View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
smacked
Heathen

LOL.. that's not what I'm saying at all. I had a blast drinking myself into oblivion, sometimes. But the negatives that it brings to my life heavily outweigh any plus I can think of.

I am "allowed" to drink what I want, I choose not to. I know that one or 2 lead to 20, and overdrinking (usually 5 or 6 was my top..) didn't make me feel any better about myself, my life, or my health, so I don't do it.

When I used to snort a bunch of cocaine, I like the high of that too.. doesn't mean the negatives of that don't outweigh the delusional "fun" times I had, but it'd be stupid of me to try to only snort a 'little' now.. what's the point?

My life is totally uncomplicated by alcohol, I'm not "anti alcohol", I am a non drinker. My past drinking could have easily led to suffering much worse things than I did and I chose to stop.

I'm slightly offended in the assumptions you make about me, but I do know that you don't know me, or my situation (I have never posted, my 'story' like you and others have so far), and you're caught up in a mess of drinking/not drinking drama that can be pretty overwhelming. I just simply chose to take that out of my life, and I have never regretted it. I have lots of other things in my life that keep me pretty happy and 'buzzed', things that will never kill my liver or ruin a relationship, or cause a hangover for that matter.

I was very very very defensive of my drinking before I quit, I've used every single excuse and rationalization you have and much much more. I don't care if you drink, honestly. If you can moderate (which so far you haven't as that is 2 drinks for men), and it is causing you no ill effects in life, congrats.. no problem? Most moderate drinkers with no issue or dependence on alcohol don't think about their drinking, much less seek out recovery websites and ask a bunch of recovering/recovered alcoholics if they have a problem, and then spend 4 pages on a thread defending the 'non problem', but hey.. we all make our own decisions, good and bad.