View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

Thanks for your responses. I have just awoken feeling 'fresh as a dasiy' and had an ice-cold chocolate milkshake. Tasted great and I am feeling really great about my state of mind at the moment. I would say that for me personally the situation I am in at the moment is the most challenging I am likely to be in for the most part with regards to past behaviour and oppurtunity to just get wasted, I could have literally drank solid for 2 weeks (and probably would have done) certainly in the past. I would have certainly been drinking/drugging now without a doubt and trying to stave off the hangover/comedown with increasing levels of drink. Crazy!

I am beginning to see what people say about realising why you'd ever wan't to drink/drug again as I am beginning to see that all that insanity that I accepted as just being 'normal' and part of the 'experience' I never have to experience again.

I am planning another chilled day today and my mates coming round later and we are gonna have an xbox360 sesh and are having yet more Curry for dinner. I am having chicken vindaloo, rice, naan bread and poppodums tonight. I developed a "LOVE" for all things really hot and spicy curry during my binge-drinking days.
It's funny because I never really had curry without beer and getting drunk, I used to think it wouldn't be possible to enjoy it as much without already being half-cut and drinking lager with it. But I have found that to be totally untrue, I am beginning to see that my drinking was completely abnormal and something that probably only a tiny-few percentage of people actually drink like I did, I used to think that a lot of people drank like I did.

Anyway, hers to a sober Saturday.