View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

getting better...

You may recall my post a couple weeks ago about how I was fearing an 'event' coming up in which I would usually always drink and get wasted. Basically the people I live with have gone away on holiday and thus I am all alone with no-one to answer to but me.

Now that I have finally reached the point in which I really detest booze and what it turns me into and basically realise that drinking is not an option for me anymore and have learned a hell of alot about alcoholism through SR and AA then I made sure that I was prepared. I have been drinking rather a lot of Coca-cola and fruit juice's and chocolate and have just eaten a "real" nice chicken madras curry . Basically I realise that when I get thoughts about drinking, which happens quite frequently especially when listening to my music, then I will crack a can of Coca-cola or have a cup of tea and by the time I have had them then the thought of drinking has dissapeared.

My mate has been round today and we have played a lot of Xbox360 and went out for a while and I was telling him about my total sobriety and that I attend AA meetings.

Basically I am just writing this to say that I am making progress as I have not got drunk today, which previously I would have been out the door to buy booze as soon as I awoke this morning to an empty house. And you know what? It feels great!!!!

One day at a time