View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Gypsy Feet
mergirl

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
TC, if you don't already have it, please get a copy of Melody Beattie's "The Language Of Letting Go". Daily meditations for just about every characteristic of codependency and more, and an index to steer us to the topic we need for the day.
We actually have a thread here on the forums were we discuss each day's meditations. It is in the newcomers daily section titled "codependency and beyond" Come join us, all of you=)

I was both a drunk and the wife of one. I have to say, my regrets as far as my (ex) are concerned are more for the enabling I did. I don't know if he would be a healthier, better man today had I not covered for him and cleaned up his messes so many times, I just know he is an unhappy man at present who doesn't know how to do many things for himself, and that is because he never had too.

It also hurts to think that my adult daughter may have addiction issues herself, and that she grew up in a home with 2 hard core drinkers. I know my drinking had a negative impact on her life, and I am truly sorry for that.