View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JimBeam

Follow-up to yesterday. He came in and saw the letters immediately. Didn't open them right away, kept kind of fumbling with them. Walked away and came back. Finally, I said something abt them looking important and he opened them. Drum roll ........

One from the atty is a hearing for Motion for Contempt of court. Apparently his malpractice insurance co filed a lawsuit against him and he didn't attend a hearing. Great. He said the bill is probably $500. I mentioned he'll get hit w/ atty's fees plus Court cost, so a stupid $500 bill could cost us thousands. Oh he'll take care of it. He paid this, etc... He never rec'd notice of any hearing, etc... More than likely he thru it away unopened as was his behavior that caused him to loose his license to begin with. He didn't even open the mail from his professional organization, just threw it away!

The other letter was from a collection agency for a credit card in the amount of $12K. I know that that card was paid in full. He claims to have no knowledge of these charges. He used this card for a 1 wk trip last Fall. Should have been maybe $1K. He says he's never used any of those checks. We have been getting calls for months from the cc company. He says its all promotions. He's said he talked to them and they admitted it was their mistake that the account is paid.

He says he'll take care of this. He called the atty this a.m. who he says is on vaca this week. He's going to get the cc records right now out of storage so he has his ducks in a row before calling today.

We have the funds but it pretty much takes us from living off savings to desperate. I'm just going to keep a watchful eye on his resolving this problems. I told him to get everything in writing. He reiterated again last night that he will take care of this and he is trying to be a responsible hus/father. He knows I deserve a man who cherishes me and does his part, not what I've gotten from him.

Well, that's where it stands for today. Oh good news - I have a job interview for Friday! Not the job I really want, but good pay and would get me out of this house so I can be more sane. Wish me luck!