View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JimBeam

Question Help me be strong

This may seem very weird, but I've only worked up the courage to check the mail in the past 2 wks. It had become such an anxious experience for me with bills, legal notices, etc... that I just stopped. Only in the past 2 wks have I had the nerve to face the box.

Suspected that my sober AH was hiding the bad mail because it was only ads when it came into the house. Since I've been getting it there have been bills (unpaid). Also, found some mail in weird places around the house unopened.

What I need help with is give me courage to detach. There is a letter from an attorney and another one that looks like a collection, no return address. I admit I held them to the light and the attorney one is definetely a legal document of some sort. I'm shaking and my heart is pounding. I hate anxiety attacks, but I have to get my strength back.

Remind me this is his problem. The after effects of his A use. However, these f-ups always cost us $$$ which we don't have right now. We are both unemployed.

Should I show him the letters and ask him to open them? Too controling? Should I see if he tells me about it? Probably wouldn't or minimize the problem. He's really depressed right now, so this can't help.

How involved should I be?