Old 07-21-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NEOMARXIST

I suppose it comes down to the fact that you cant have it both ways.

I can't remember your posts but I am assuming there is a pretty major reason why you have come to SR and AA and am guessing it's related to alcohol causing you major problems in your life.

I suppose you have to weigh up what will be in your overall interest; Continue drinking alcohol and feel loose/free/relaxed/comical around strangers but likely turn into an ******* who no-one will wan't to be around, due to lack of self-control with alcohol consumption, or accept that using a chemical substance is NO LONGER AN OPTION for you personally and so if people like you for who you are then great, if not then it's their loss TBH. I'm sure over time your confidence levels will grow etcetcetc.

These are reasons that I have used to continue drinking though I would just end up wanting to get totally obliterated and end up buying drugs and going to clubs/parties/home where the sole intention was getting totally mashed and thus I would be talking sh*t to 'buddies' all night/morning long but i'd likely never see/speak to them again anyway as it was just the drink/drugs talking.

Your choice. make the one which will ultimately make YOU happiest.

Last edited by NEOMARXIST; 07-21-2009 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake