View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 04:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
TheGirlInside
In Recovery

Originally Posted by riaerif View Post
...that's just how I feel about my mom. I want her love so much, but yeah, I'm starting to realize I'm not going to get it, at least not in the way I want it. I think it's great you found a way to cope with everything. I hope I can, too, eventually.
I'm 39...it took me living with her--ah-gain (D'OH!!)--to finally realize that No Matter What, no matter how healthy I get, I will NEVER get her acceptance...never. She will never approve...and I have to be able to be okay with that, and know that what I'm doing is the best for me and my children. I know now that my level of health / sickness will not change her level of sickness / health...no matter what.

I made myself a promise years ago, with gritted teeth, full of bitter anger, that I will never let my children go one day without KNOWING they are loved. I don't want them once to ever question how much they mean to me, how precious and special they are. They will always know that their mother loves them no matter what.

Sometimes, that is the better 'revenge' and justice. Knowing that you are healthier, happier, and will do MUCH MUCH better with yours.

God Bless,