View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
ExNavyInHouston
Drunkaholic

I'm sitting here in the Radisson lobby in Belize. The trip was awesome. I have a bunch of pictures to share, but I will pick out my top 5 favs and share those.

The trip was an excellent experience overall. Alcohol or temptations of it were a NON-issue. But I did have one moment where where every night when dinner was served, they offer you wine with your dinner. I had to finally say, no thank you - I don't drink.

The people I was sharing a table with asked, "Never?"

I told them I used to drink but just decided at my mid-life crisis era that it was a good time to remove it from my life. I said it all with my sense of humor and a smirk so the people at the table dropped it and it was never discussed again.

I'm still awkward socially where there are large groups, but do very well when I am sitting one-on-one. I am not a "mingler", except to use it to escape any direct contact.

Other odd behaviors I noticed, was that there was an extremely attractive Bulgarian girl on board (living in Belgium) and she was traveling alone as well. She hinted at using SCUBA as a form of medicine like I do. I made of point of not trying to catch her alone. I didn't want her to think I was coming on to her. I just wanted to have passing moments where she was left with a positive impression of me and that is it.

In therapy I started out wanting to fix these quirks about myself that bug me, but now I am more inclined to say that I use therapy to not change my behaviors, but more to accept them as they are and be more comfortable with how I ended up as a person.

Here is a teaser picture: