View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by FreeBird09 View Post
Am I wrong? I feel so guilty.. but on the other hand I feel that it isn't much to ask, especially when I pay ALL the bills (they help with food). I told them I struggled a year to keep my house and be able to pay the bills on my own and have a peaceful existence, and my son said that I lost my family because I want a clean home, that I am never going to have anyone near me because I have to have things my way.

Please.. some input here..
Let me get this straight:

YOU feel guilty for giving them a FREE place to stay after THEY got evicted? Um, if you want to be messy and drink and fight, they PAY YOUR RENT somewhere where you can do all those things!

If you are "never going to have anyone near you" who disrespects your property and takes advantage of your hospitality because you won't accept their behavior then I say GOOD FOR YOU! If you have to be a doormat and sacrifice your peace and serenity IN YOUR OWN HOME in order to have them near you, then good riddance, I say.

Sorry for all the YELLING, but the sense of entitlement this kid has is APPALLING.

As to your question--If you allow them to stay, and continue to harp on them to do things your way, then yes, it is a control issue. On the other hand, making them leave because they are trampling all over your boundaries is not control, it is self-preservation. Good job!

L