View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hopeful999

Hey "Laura"/K, It's certainly your decision whether you want to post or not on here, or even log in for that matter... but I hope you do stick around.

I was ultra paranoid at first about someone logging in here and "figuring out" who I was. I even changed some personal details on my profile to "throw people off." Then I thought: "Who am I kidding? No one really cares that much to or has enough time on their hands to be a detective like that, and if they do really want to know THAT badly, then let them!!!" It reminds me of when I was a kid and I asked my Dad, "What if the neighbors are looking in at us when we are getting dressed?" He gave some answers like "Well, we can close the window shades, etc." And I got *really* paranoid and said something like, "Well, what if they hide somewhere and peek around the shades with binoculars, etc." and my Dad said to me, "Well, if they really care that much about it, let them do it!" At the time I thought he was throwing caution to the wind, but now I see what he means. Besides, no one is going to go to SOBERRECOVERY.COM unless they have a problem themselves. The thought never crossed my mind to visit such a site until I realized I had a problem.

There are programs out there (ccleaner.com, for one) that you can download for free that clean the cache on your computer. Would it be possible to download it to the computer that you use? I do it routinely on my computers at home anyways. Just out of habit.

So I hope you stay here in whatever form you wish. Your honesty and directness are refreshing!

Laura (real)