View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Thanks EVERYBODY for all your posts. I feel strongly supported today because of them (a big change from yesterday).

Two things I just want to add Ringlet:

First is that I relate to EVERYTHING you are saying, and have thought, and been pained by, EVERY DETAIL you have posted. We are basically talking about the same man.

Second, you probably won't get closure from him because that is just the way they are. My immediate XABF is the EXACT same way-he is 48 years old and has been doing that (moving on to a new woman without telling the person he has been intimately involved with for years) for as long as I have known him, that is, since he was about 25 years old. He has no idea what he has been doing, even though I have told him this about himself repeatedly.

I know you would like your feelings to be acknowledged and validated but that probably will not come from him. You could have a little ceremony for yourself to close out that relationship, something that has meaning for you. IDK, just an idea-I personally got a little personal validation once by throwing all his belongings out on the front yard just before it rained, and then calling him on his cell and telling him he'd better come get his stuff . It was very dramatic and felt GREAT but I wouldn't recommend it because it doesn't really help. But hey, every girl's gotta' have an empowering experience like that once in a while! LOL