Thread: heartless
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Alaia))) I do know the pain and it hurts, really, really bad but I had to feel it, walk through it and learn from it to finally accept my codie-ness and realize that I had to make changes in my life so I wouldn't pick this type of man again.

As far as they can use drugs and you "have nothing", honey you are sooooo much better off. The drugs don't do a damn thing but delay dealing with stuff...I'm an RA and I would give anything if I could take back all those times I said "I'll deal with it later" and hit the crack pipe.

I went through the pain you are going through with my FIRST XABF and I didn't learn. I went on to have two worse XABF's and develop my own addiction, in large part, because I couldn't handle the pain of living my life without a man I totally committed myself to for more than 20+ years and he essentially tossed me aside like a kleenex.

I didn't realize that my life was enough, I was enough. I didn't need him or any other man. The same goes for you. You aren't going to feel that right now, but in time you will.

Cry, grieve, get angry. STOP listening to the new gf..you don't need to hear any more. Let them go on with their lives. You go on with yours.

You will be okay, sweetie, I promise. Breathe.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy