Old 07-12-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by girlfriday View Post
I love this man deeply and miss him terribly (yes I know, why???) I loved him unconditional and tolerated his bad behavior as I felt that he indeed needed to advance in his recovery, I was willing to work through any issues, out of love, he on the other bolted every time things did not go his way.
I read the situations and interactions that occurred in your post. Can you explain what it is you deeply love about a man who appears to manipulate you with guilt and wants to control you? He also leaves as soon as things aren't going exactly the way he wishes. So what traits has he exhibited and what characteristics does he posess that you love?

Originally Posted by girlfriday View Post
For the world of me I cannot understand how he can just walk away from all the love he professed to have for me, is he hurting, punishing me, perhaps drinking again??? Please advise….. (and thank-you).
I don't know the man, so I cannot answer why he would leave again. From your post, it appears to be his way of not dealing with situations. He just walks away from them. As far as hurting you and punishing you, it appears he has already done plenty of that.

I could sit and tell an A they're addicted to alcohol til the cows come home; it would not get them into an AA meeting or a rehab unless they decided they were an A and wanted recovery.

I think you should look at why YOU allowed someone to drag you to AA meetings when you don't believe you have any problems with drinking. It sounds to me as if you are a casual social drinker. Perhaps you should have set a boundary when this started and told your bf you did not want to attend AA meetings. People only have control over us if we allow it.