Old 07-10-2009, 03:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
eggdogg1234

FWIW, I have never been able to get over religion period. It just doesn't work for me. That being said I have found a mens alanon group that meets three times a week at a church in my town, and the people in there have made me so much happier and stronger. Our meetings involve a lot of cursing, but even more laughing and most of the guys have lunch afterwards and everyone (for the most part) is really happy to be there. Most people in the meeting talk about how the group itself is their HP. After spending time with this group I have come to the conclusion that a HP (in whatever form you want it to be) needs to be a part of the recovery process. It is not about "not taking responsibity" for your actions, its not about reading the bible or praying to god, it is about uderstanding that life happens on life's terms not yours. Like someone in the meeting said today. "My job is to enjoy the here and now, the journey......not the outcome."

I love all of you on here I haven't been around for a while, but I think about you all still. This site really helped me out when my life first exploded in an umanagable mess.